The Canterbury A&P Association is a membership based organisation. Membership is open to anyone interested in furthering the progress of agriculture in Canterbury. Members are entitled to exclusive privileges at the Canterbury A&P Show and Canterbury A&P Association events held throughout the year.
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of Members of the Canterbury Agricultural and Pastoral Association will be held in the Balmerino Room at Riccarton Racecourse on Wednesday 29 March 2016 at 3pm. Light refreshments and networking to follow - all Members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
There are a range of membership categories, with different fees applying, to suit individual circumstances. Annual membership fees are due by 31 March each year.
NEW IN 2017
We conducted research in early 2017 to help improve our service to Members. We're excited to announce that we're shaking a few things up this year!
- We've added an extra children's ticket to Family Memberships - this means two adults and three school children will receive tickets to the Show.
- We're introducing a separate kids zone outside the Bayleys Members' Marquee complete with bouncy castle and sandpit, so you can watch the action in the Main Arena while the kids play
- Pay your Membership with your Farmlands card and save!
- We're working to improve and enhance the facilities and services in the Bayleys Members' Marquee, we'll have an announcement about entry fees in August and a few more things up our sleeves too... watch this space!
Plus you'll get all the usual great benefits:
- Complimentary Canterbury A&P Show tickets according to the membership category.
- Priority car parking at the Canterbury A&P Show.
- Regular newsletters to keep you up to date with what's happening.
- Access to the Members' Marquee and grandstand seating overlooking the Main Arena during the Show, exclusively for Members.
- Invitation to the President's Cocktail Party, held during the Canterbury A&P Show.
- Priority booking for stables and camping sites at the Canterbury A&P Show.
- Discounted livestock and equestrian exhibitor entry fees for the Canterbury A&P Show and other Association events.
- Reduced price on Canterbury A&P Show admission tickets for Member's guests.
- Priority booking for other Canterbury A&P Association events.
- Access to exclusive Member promotions during the year.
- Voting rights and invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- Receive a copy of the Annual Report.
- Plus the opportunity to meet people of similar interests.
Family Annual Member $105 or $95 with your Farmlands card
Corporate Annual Member $105 or $95 with your Farmlands card
Stud Annual Member $105 or $95 with your Farmlands card
Individual Annual Member $60 or $55 with your Farmlands card
Junior Exhibitor Annual Member $30
To apply for an annual membership, download the application form and return with payment to the Canterbury A&P Association.
For a one off fee you will continue to receive the exclusive privileges of Canterbury A&P Association membership for years to come.
Three categories are available:
Full Life Member $1500
Couple Life Member $1200
Individual Life Member $1000
To apply for a Life Membership, download the application form and return with payment to the Canterbury A&P Association.