There are a number of accommodation providers operating within Christchurch. An updated list of accommodation available in the area can be found by visiting Find Christchurch. We reccommend booking your accommodation early.
Horse & Pony and Livestock Catalogues are available for pre-purchase and during the Show.
Concessions and discounts for Travelling Exhibitors
To encourage participation and ensure the Canterbury A&P Show is a truly national event, we offer discounts and subsidies to exhibitors travelling long distances to The Show.
A discount of 35% off Easy Change retail fares applies for travel 01-30 November 2017 for online bookings. This applies to vehicles, trailers etc. not exceeding 3,500kgs laden.
Booking conditions and instructions for attendees are:
- Each reservation must be made direct with Interislander online at www.interislander.co.nz
- Simply insert the Promo code “XCAP1”on the “Payment details” page and click on “enter” and this will apply the discount.
- Space is subject to availability at the time of the booking request.
- The normal conditions of the above fare types apply e.g. Easy Change is 100% refundable.
- Bookings made through the Interislander are at regular rates.
- Confirmation of entry to the A & P Show is required on check in at the terminal to avoid being charged full fare.
- Bookings for vehicles over 3.5 tonne are to be booked through Commercial Vehicles 0800 660-670.
Confirmation of Entry
Confirmation of entries showing all details of your entry plus tickets/parking passes will be posted following data processing (mid-October).
Entry for the 2017 Show will open on 1 August.
Click here to view horse back numbers
Dressage draws will be available in early November.
Sunday 8th October - 10.30am
Tuesday 14th November- 4.00pm-6.00pm (Evening before 2017 Show)
For more information contact Stuart Schroeder 03 322 7236.
Become a member of the Canterbury A&P Association to receive discounts on Show Entries along with other great benefits. Click here for more information.
Horse Section: Competitor photos from the 2017 Canterbury A&P Show will be available for purchase after the Show:
- Jane Thompson - Website
- Annie Studholme - Website
- Michelle Clarke - Website
- Elise Ford - Website
- Sophie Simson - Website
Please support our official photographers! Please note: un-official photographers are not permitted to sell photos to competitors under any circumstances.
Royal Agricultural Society (RAS)
The RAS has a 'News/Discussion Paper' feed on the home page of the website.
Show Tickets & Parking Passes
Each exhibitor will be issued an allocation of ticket/s and parking pass/es for entry to the Canterbury A&P Show. The allocation will be included on the summary of entry form. Exhibitors can pre-purchase additional discounted day tickets for $13 per day (gate price $27), up to a limit of six. Discounted tickets must be purchased prior to the Show. Additional parking passes must be applied for in writing prior to the Show.
Please thoroughly read the instructions on your parking pass to ensure that you do not encounter problems when entering the Showgrounds. Parking Passes and travel directions will be sent with your Show tickets in October. It is recommended that you allow additional time to enter the Showgrounds. Please take the time to read the information supplied to familiarise yourself with the revised layout.
Summary of Entries
Please note that a summary of entry form must be completed for each entry.