The Canterbury A&P Show is jam packed with livestock, entertainment and attractions, indoor and outdoor exhibits, feature marquees and pavilions. It's where country comes to town in a spectacular mix of colour, excitement and competition – a true celebration of everything great in New Zealand.
It's a great value day out with plenty of family friendly, free activities to entertain and delight Show visitors of all ages with the return of old favourites and the introduction of some new initiatives.
The Golden Egg is Coming to Town!
This competition is now closed
Purchase your Show tickets before midnight on 3 November and you'll not only save up to 25% on entry to the Show, you'll also go in the draw to Win a Crack'n Good Time on Us!
One lucky winner will win The Golden Egg - an ultimate show experience for five people worth $1500! The prize pack includes:
- Entry to the Canterbury A&P Show for five people (including you!) on Show Day
- Two bottles of Waipara Hills Waipara Valley Riesling 2016 - the Supreme Champion Wine in Show from the New Zealand Aromatic Wine Competition to celebrate your win
- Transport to Christchurch Airport on Friday 17 November
- A pair of Skellerup Red Band gumboots for each of you
- Helicopter flight from Christchurch Airport to the Canterbury A&P Show thanks to Garden City Helicopters
- Goodie bag including Official Guide, icecream vouchers, snacks to get you through the day, picnic blanket and more!
- Entry to the Bayleys Members Marquee for grandstand seating overlooking the Main Arena
- $150 Voucher for lunch in the Bayleys Members' Marquee
- 10 x vouchers for the Town & Country Bar
- Transport to dinner
- Dinner for five at Winnie Bagoes, Madras Street
- Transport home
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants in the competition consent to receive marketing communications from the Canterbury A&P Association.
- To be eligible, tickets must have been bought between 01 September and midnight on 03 November (the competition is not open to tickets purchased from the GrabOne website before 01 September). Entrants must opt in to the competition when purchasing tickets or contact the Canterbury A&P Association by emailing
to go in the draw.
- The primary winner of the competition must be over 18 years. Proof of ID will be required.
- Prize will be chosen at random. The organisers decision is final.
- Prize is only available for five people.
- Prize is only valid for the 2017 Canterbury A&P Show. It must be redeemed on Friday 17 November 2017.
- Helicopter flights are subject to weather conditions. Should the weather result in the cancellation of the flight, the winners will be transported to the Canterbury A&P Show by taxi.
- Prize is not transferable.
- Prize can not be exchanged for cash.
- Prize winners agree that photos taken of them at the Canterbury A&P Show can be used for promotional purposes